Re: [IP] NO ONE is allowed to remove my pump

In a message dated 12/22/2002 8:58:23 PM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I've been doing my homework in advance of my training. My pump has a feature
>  that will shut itself off if you don't intervene to let it know that you
>  conscious.  It's designed, the literature says, for  people who live alone
>  and might black out due to a low.

A perfect example of how a "feature" that may or may not be a "benefit" to an
individual. . . My daughter would (and does) sleep right through all pump
alarms including the "siren" version that the pump escalates to if you ignore
the normal alarm sound for too long.  The way she sleeps in on some weekends
I could see her well on the road to DKA if the feature you mentioned was
active on her pump . . . I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with the
feature you mentioned.  I just thought it was a good opportunity to point out
how important it is for prospective pumpers to carefully review the features
of the various pumps to figure out which one best suits their individual
needs and preferences.

Pumpmama to Katie