Re: [IP] Change battery now!! - enough!

On 12/22/02 3:16 PM, "Ryan Bruner" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> I went to the MAUDE site and did a comparison of Animas to Minimed.  As it
> turns out, Animas had MORE complaints registered than Minimed against the
> pump.  Minimed, in total, had more complaints...but a vary majority of those
> were against the QUICKSET not against the pump itself.  My un-scientific
> conclusion?  There are NOT more problems with the Minimed/Paradigm pump than
> other companies...just more complaining against it here on this list.  :-)

You must be very careful about analysis of results via the MAUDE reports.
Case in point:  one complaint of the troubles a Disetronic user was having
with their pump was placed by their "health care provider", who did not
identify themselves, did not indicate what clinic they were with and went on
to say that the patient was in severe hypoglycemic shock along with
suffering from DKA.        ;>)

So MAUDE reports can be useful IF you separate the "wheat from the chaff!"