[IP] Re: Dialysis

> This is going to sound very vain.  And if it is, so be it.  But, in
> message, I said I live alone with two dogs.  I am hoping that this won't
> always be the case.

Yeah, you can always add another dog. (Sorry, I could NOT resist).

> Another hemodialysis question.  Are you extemely tired after dialysis.  My
> doctors have been trying to tell me that dialasyzing at night every night
> much easier on the system.  But, with the spectre of perotonitis looming
> a potentiality, I'm not sure if even that would be worthwhile!

No, I am not extremely tired after my session I *am* extremely hungry
though. People have asked me if I feel better after, etc. I guess it's like
watching grass grow: You don't see it but you eventually have to mow. I'm
feeling much better but it was gradual. I drive there and drive home. It
takes all of less than 10 minutes (4 miles), but there are others there who
drive at least 45 min. or so. They will not let you leave if your BP isn't
above a certain point. One fella had to stay 'til 11:30 p.m. once and they
were giving him sodium, etc. to elevate his BP. I have not felt as good as I
do now for a longgggggg time. I still have a *bit* of trash in my system
(making me trashy????) but that is improving. I'll be driving about 260
miles Tues aft-eve to a 'net friend's for Christmas. I'll be dialyzed at
6:00 that morning.  My hugsband will likely sleep most of the way 'til I
panic and ask where I should turn. He then has to get his bearings and
figure out where we are. LOL

Dialyzing since 7/8/02

I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want
to annoy for the rest of your life.