Re: [IP] Dialysis

[NOte:  Move over Fran, I'm getting on your soapbox]

Lessee - 53 y/o with various serious medical problems.
 So????  Are you a mean person?  Do you actively
insult friends & strangers alike?  Do you light dog's
& cat's tails on fire?  Have you ever been convicted
for an armed robbery or worse?

The point that I'm trying to make is - it is who you
are on the INSIDE that counts.  That is what that
nurse was trying to tell you.

I am 42 y/o.  I have been diabetic for over 30 years.
I have arthritis.  I have a 15 y/o son.  I limp from
some injury to my foot that no one can diagnose or
fix. I have chronic gas (but the dog gets credit for
it).  I fight depression & anxiety (and take a handful
of pills every morning to counter them).  I stick my
tongue out at people who piss me off.  And, I have
enough baggage to fill a train car.

Yet, I am in love with a man who is 50 y/o (and he
loves me too).  He has some health problems (as we ALL
do, D or NOT, at that age).  PLUS - he has a 7 y/o son
with autism whom he has full custody thereof.  Now -
let's look at that for a second.  After my dearly
beloved becomes dearly departed - who will take care
of his son??  Not ex-wife who gave up custody, do you
think?  That is a long up-hill road, but I'm willing
to invest for the payoffs.

Am I lucky?  Not anymore than you.  I have yet to win
the lotto too...  yet, I celebrate the things that I
DO have.  This was Fran's message as well.

Best wishes Chris!!

-gail in denver
Dx'd T1 02/14/72 @ age 11, pumping since 1985-ish.

Do you Yahoo!?