[IP] Re:Change battery now!!

In a message dated 12/21/2002 4:35:27 PM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I have yet to hear that other
> pumps have a *zero* chance of failing in a way that
> loses basal settings.
> regards,
> markt

I sure don't know about a "zero" chance.  However, both batteries can be
removed from the H-tron pump for an indefinate period of time, and the pump
stores the basal rates.  With the H-tron 2 pump system, you remove the
batteries from the pump number 1 when you are using the second pump, as it
has an internal clock that keeps track of how many days the pump has been
used and thus when it is due for a technical inspection.  These days are
counted up when the batteries are in place.  It always surprises me to pick
up one of Claire's pumps that hasn't been used for four months and to find
the basals are in there--I just have to check to see if I have tweaked any
around a bit in the meantime.  You do have to reset the time, however.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 8