Re: [IP] changing sites

  Another thing to think about is how recent was your last bolus on the old
site?  Do you take the old site out right away or do you leave it in?  We
leave in the old site for a few hours (sometimes a whole day because we
foget...OOPSS!!!) because this allows any 'pooled' insulin at the old site to
be absorbed before pulling out the canula.  If you pull it out riight away
you may notice some clear fluid coming out the hole in your skin.  This could
be insulin that was left over there and you are losing that.  Try leaving you
old site in for a few hours after changing.  See if that doesn't help with
that spike!

Good luck!

mom to Joshua who just turned 11 and celebrated 3 years of pumping this
week.....NEVER looking back!!!!!