[IP] re: stupid things said about diabetes

My two personal favorites:
I was in for a fasting blood sugar (pre meter days) at age 10.  While waiting
in the lab, I asked (begged) for some orange juice for a low.  I was visibly
shaking.  The tech told me I couldn't have anything because I was there for
fasting blood work.

I was in the ER vomiting (this was pre pump).  When the doc released me he
told me to not take any insulin because I wasn't eating.  What fun--let's take
me from stomach flu to DKA!