From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of
email @ redacted
Sent: Saturday, December 21, 2002 10:54 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] working out with the pump

I am a new pumper - pumping since 11/02 (dx'd '92 - MDI since then).  I
like to start working out more intensely than I have been but am
about lows.  I have always hated having to eat, then work out, then eat
to fight off the lows.  Now that I am pumping I should be able to
better, (right!!???) but would love to hear from anyone who regularly
out and how they handle all of the adjustments with their pump/basals
etc...My best time to work out is first thing in the morning - however I
almost always 70 - 90 when I wake up - so, of course, I have to eat or
something pretty high in carbs before even thinking about a rigorous
 I would also love to know what you eat/drink before/during/after
workouts to
keep BGs at the right level...HELP!!  Thanks!!

Lisa dx'd at15 (1992)