Re: [IP] Change battery now!!

> Summer appears to be using a Paradigm.   It's only MM pumps that
> put the
> fear of god into people when the low battery alarm goes off.
> Other pumps
> don't seem to come down with cases of amnesia when batteries are
> changed.
--------------------------------------------------------->>>- I really don't
care that I could loose the memory it only takes maybe 2 minutes to
reprogram but the screen scared me cause I'd heard of such a screen, and the
fact that didn't hear the first alarm.

Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
Pumping Nov.12/02 - Blue Paradigm>>>

What if we had no competition and everyone had to have the same car,
size/style of housing, meals, or insulin pump? Seems like the slightest
opportunity anyone can latch onto, MiniMed gets bashed! Maybe there's a
reason we didn't choose YOUR pump as well. To each his own. ;-)

We read of some people who watch the LO Battery screen as long as they can.
Perhaps the Paradigm was designed with a final warning that it is NOW time
to do it and quit watching. We seem to really want *instant gratification*
with 5-second BG monitors, m'oven cooking, cameras, and pump programming.
Two minutes out of one's life to reprogram their pump isn't a big deal out
of life - if the occasion arises. However, if that warning didn't come on,
someone (Summer?) may have slept through and caused a much bigger problem.
My pump sirens after awhile if the first alarm isn't heard.

BTW, I think I have finally figured out Summer is female. I know of another
Summer who is male and don't recall if S. Barrett ever told us. It's not on
the profile. (~_^)

Dialyzing since 7/8/02

I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say
it. - Voltaire