Re: [IP] home hba1c test approved by FDA

William Eddie Hollyfield <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Several things we must be concerned about: how much error is introduced in
the measurement, lab test +- 5% lab, then +-2%, after all this, is the
measure meaningfull? What is the real cost? How many measurements do you get
at what +/-. If your H1ac does not change that much over a given period. You
d'nt need a precrip as of last Thur.
> BE Good.

I haven't seen the data on this test but I strongly suspect that it is a
waived test under CLIA regulations.  If so, then the precision is the same
as for home test meters - IOW approximately +/- 20%.

Jim Handsfield