[IP] Re: Family Support

When my daughter was 11 and newly diagnosed  I phoned my "best friend " from
the hospital to tell her the news. She asked me if I was going to tell
anybody else that Liz had diabetes, since people might look down on her now.
I became indignant and said. "Of course I am!!! I want as many people as
possible to know Liz's situation in case she runs into a problem and needs
help!" Four days later when Liz was released from the hospital, this same
"friend"  showed up on our front porch with a box of candy for Liz.
The truly sad thing is she has a brother who was Type 1 also. I say "was" cuz
he recently passed away.
Linda V
In a message dated 12/20/02 Shawna <email @ redacted>