[IP] Re: Dumbest comments

>>> My question to the group is, what's the dumbest, most ignorant thing
anyone has ever said to you about your Diabetes?>>>

Over 52 years I've had several:

>From an in law:
If we're with you for any length of time, this subject will come up. No one
cares to hear about you. You're going to die sooner than other people anyway
so you might as well just face it.

>From numerous well-wishers:
Oh, my aunt had diabetes, she had both legs cut off, she's dead now.

A *good* (ha) friend:
You are so full of self-pity, you just don't have a clue.

A dialysis nurse when I couldn't read my meter:
What's LO mean?

When I send this I'll prolly think of more. That's enough for now.

Dialyzing since 7/8/02

Ignorance isn't bliss, its deadly - Maureen Finnegan (IPer)