Re: [IP] unabsorbed insulin

That's a good question Susan, and I don't think it has been well
studied at all, despite it being a common observation.  At least I
couldn't find any published work.
  All insulin is sold in a chemical ring with six insulin molecules.
It cannot be absorbed into the blood in this form.  The ring has to
be chemically broken.  In fact, the only reason the H works faster
than R is that the chemical changes in H make the ring less stable
and it breaks down faster under the skin.   Once the ring breaks
down, R and H are essentially identical in  effectiveness and how
fast they work.  But this doesn't explain why many of us see this
so-called "site resistance".  Lots of possible hypotheses, but little
data.   I suspect it is likely related to events after the ring
breaks down, because in its ring form, insulin is quite stable for a
few days even at body temp.