[IP] donations

From: Anita C Goode <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] Donating Blood & organ donation

Gail in Denver wrote:
I believe (but don't know this for a fact) that
diabetics cannot be organ donors or donate bone

- -gail in denver
Dx'd T1 02/14/72 @ age 11, pumping since 1985-ish.

I checked into donating bone marrow (www.marrow.org) and found out that
as an insulin dependant diabetic, I'm not eligible.  FINE.  So, I'm in
the process of growing out my hair to donate it to Locks of Love.  At
least, hopefully, I have one useful part!

I don't know about this but if you checked into it, unless you are on porcine
or bovine insulin you are eligible in the us to donate blood accoring to the
usa. they don't want your bone marrow if you are a pumper. you cannot be a
leukophoresis donor either in the usa. spot you can be an ip donor however,
money is always useful