Re: [IP] RE: A1c and meters reporting whole blood vs plasma results

At 07:47 PM 12/18/02, you wrote:
>Barbara <email @ redacted> wrote:
> > Not ALL home meters use whole blood values. There are "some" that report
> > plasma results.
>If you want to be completely accurate, all home meters measure blood
>glucose.  Some have an algorithm that reports the value adjusted to
>approximate serum glucose.
>Jim Handsfield
>email @ redacted

This is from the literature packaged with my Ultra Test Strips:

"One Touch Ultra Brand and InDuo Brand Meters read the glucose level of a
whole blood sample on a One Touch Ultra Test Strip.  One Touch Ultra Brand
and InDuo Brand Systems are plasma-calibrated to allow easy comparison of
results with laboratory methods."