Re: [IP] naked pumper

On 12/18/02 3:18 PM, "Mike H" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> I don't want to belabor this too much. However, I am considering the pumper
> right now. I want to know how people walk arounf the house naked with the
> pump. My wife and I do go to nudist resorts and beaches almost everyweek in
> the summer. We just got back from two weeks in Saint Martin. We each went 10
> days straight without getting dressed. These situations will be a problems
> with the pump.
>
> O have to say, That the Minimed comapny has been giving me alot of pressure
> to get the pump. I went to an infoamational meeting and put my name on a
> list for more information. They called me a few days later and got my
> doctorss name and my insurance infoamtion. They need it to quote me a price.
> Now it has turned to high pressure for me to buy the pump. Is this normal.
>
> Please help me with my decsion to get or not get the pump.

Michael,

Talk to the other companies, like Animas and Deltec and Dana or Disetronic.
Maybe one of them will have a rep who is a nudist also!       ;>)

I think it may depend on how dressed you feel with a pump.    There are ways
to wear it that are very discreet.   I wear my pump in an "Arm Thing", a
spandex band with a pocket to it that fits over the bicep.  I use one of the
shorter tubes and the Rapids sets with Disconnect.   That way it is very
easy to reach and deal with and I have excellent absorption in my arms,
YMMV.  Now if you object to wearing a 4 inch band on your arm, then maybe
you should stay with injections, but for me I would do it, nude or not.  :>)

Best bet??   Try it!!!    Get a loaner from one of these companies and try
it with saline solution.  That will let you know how "dressed" you'll feel
with a pump.

George