Re: [IP] Donating Bone Marrow?

I wanted to be a bone marrow donor up in WA, but they would not let me due
to having diabetes.  The reason was not because they were afraid my marrow
would be bad, it is because surgery for diabetics is not as "safe" as it is
for none diabetics.  I even told them I would be willing to sign a waver and
they said "NO".  I then said what if I could save a life?  What if I am a
match?  They still said "NO".

Fran, who has lived through 15 plus surgeries in the last year and been
diabetic 40 years.