Re: [IP] Donating Blood & organ donation

At 09:11 AM 12/18/02, you wrote:
>You mean they even considered you in the first place?  I was told that
>becaue I have type 1 diabetes I couldn't! I was told that by the blood
>bank it self!
>Also does anyone know if we can actually donate our organs?  I filled out
>the organ donor card with my license but don't know if its possible???
>Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
>Pumping Nov.12/02 - Blue Paradigm

Summer, I donate blood all the time.  In fact, every time they have a blood
drive in my area, I receive an invitation to donate in the mail.  I do know
the issue of beef insulin (because of Mad Cow Disease) comes up in one of
our questions, but other than that, there are no reasons not to
donate.  I've been Type 1 for almost 40 years.