Re: [IP] Donating Blood & organ donation

I have been giving blood for 20 years now (14 of them as a Type1). The
American Red Cross as far as I know has not banned diabetics from donating
(my last time was last month). If you have ever injected beef insulin they
have a huge problem with that due to mad cow disease. Your medical records
may need to be purged to rule out the use of bovine insulin.

                      email @ redacted
                      Sent by:                        To:       email @ redacted
                      email @ redacted        cc:
                      pumpers.org                     Subject:  [IP] Donating Blood & organ donation
                      12/18/2002 08:11 AM
                      Please respond to IP

You mean they even considered you in the first place?  I was told that
becaue I have type 1 diabetes I couldn't! I was told that by the blood bank
it self!

Also does anyone know if we can actually donate our organs?  I filled out
the organ donor card with my license but don't know if its possible???

Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
Pumping Nov.12/02 - Blue Paradigm

   In 15 years of re-using syringes, I only