Re: [IP] Donating Blood & organ donation

At 09:11 AM 12/18/2002 -0500, Summer wrote:

>You mean they even considered you in the first place?  I was told that
>becaue I have type 1 diabetes I couldn't! I was told that by the blood
>bank it self!

I guess some blood banks just make incorrect assumptions.  I'll be a two
gallon donor next time I donate.  Check with your local Red Cross.

>Also does anyone know if we can actually donate our organs?  I filled out
>the organ donor card with my license but don't know if its possible???

Other than the pancreas, I don't know why we could not.  There's nothing
contagious about diabetes.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted

The opinions expressed are mine alone and do not necessarily represent
those of my wife who runs our house and makes more important decisions than
I do.