Re: [IP] Donating Blood & organ donation

> You mean they even considered you in the first place?  I was told that
becaue I have type 1 diabetes I couldn't! I was told that by the blood bank
it self!

i think that rules on blood donation by type 1 diabetics varies from
organization to organization.  the canadian blood donor services is very
clear that type 1's (or those injecting insulin) are permanently barred from
donating blood.  organizations in other countries (or states, don't know how
they organize things in the u.s.) may allow for type 1's to donate.

> Also does anyone know if we can actually donate our organs?  I filled out
the organ donor card with my license but don't know if its possible???

as long as the organs are in good condition, and you have no other major
medical conditions, there is no reason i can think of why they wouldn't
transplant them.  they sure wouldn't be using your pancreas though. ;)   i'm
sure they could make good use of your heart, lungs, kidneys, liver, eyes,
etc and etc, barring any diabetes related damage.