Re: [IP] How I Hate Injections Infomation

On 12/18/02 7:20 AM, "email @ redacted" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Are you serious!!!!
> I occasionally reused a syringe 2 maybe 3 times but I still used a fresh one
> the next day NEVER would I use it for days on end!  Just first of all it seems
> really gross but also as far as I knew after 24 hours the leftover insulin in
> the needle part is suppose to crystalize and I don't know what that effects
> with the next shots buts thats why we up here are told it's fine to reuse but
> change at least every 24 hours.
> Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
> Pumping Nov.12/02 - Blue Paradigm

Yes, Summer, we did reuse syringes, sometimes for more than a month, despite
the advertising campaign by B&D to scare us from it, and we survived just
fine.  I followed my doctors recommendation and stored the syringe in the
Insulin Keeper [don't know why it says Butter  :>)] of the fridge to prevent
any bacterial growth.   In 15 years of re-using syringes, I only found one
disadvantage to doing this.  The blood bank in my state does ask the
question "have you re-used a single-use syringe?"   And of course, answering
yes disqualified me from donating blood.     :>(

George    :>)