Re: [IP] Insertion Sets

On 12/17/02 1:56 PM, "email @ redacted" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Does anyone use the straight needle?
> I'm new at pumping and using the comfort sets with the slanted needle.
> I'm wondering if the straight one is easier to manage.
> Is it comfortable and trouble free?
> Also does anyone use the fatty tissue under the arm or back?

Depends on what you mean by "straight needle".   I do use the Rapids from
Disetronic.  It is a metal needle that goes in perpendicular to the surface
and has an adhesive pad, like a Sofset or Quickset.  I use the 6mm needle
length for insertion in my arm, though I usually insert toward the top of
the arm, outside.  It is comfortable and as trouble free as any set can be
expected to be.  I use this area to give my abdomen a break.