[IP] CGMS - Costs and Reimbursement

Spot said no ins. will reimburse for CGMS -

snip <I know no endo interested in the CGMS. There is no reimbursement for
from Insurance or Medicare. They consider the test medically unecessary.

I have Wellmark/Blue Cross of Iowa and they did reimburse my health clinic for
the test.  My clinic had just purchased the CGMS for their own use.   It had
to be pre-approved and then the insurance did their UCR adjustment on the
charge (like they do on every other charge) and then they paid their standard
90% and I paid my 10%.  I had it done in May of 2001.