I wore the CGMS earlier this year and my insurance covered it 100% - I did
not need preapproval or anything.

I went to the endo's office and met directly with the MM rep - no endo

He attached the sensor - which he put in my upper right butt - and took my
initial BG just before that to calibrate the machine.

I then proceeded to take my BG as normal for the next 2 1/2 days.  I had to
input each BG, when I ate, bolused, or exercised.

I got the results at my next endo appointment and we fine tuned my basal
rates from the results.  It showed that I was going high just before bedtime
and low in the middle of the night.  We got my nitetime basal adjusted and
everything has been fine since then.

I still have lows, but not as frequent and if I do, they are usually at the
same time of night, so I adjust my basal rate for the next night by .1 or .2
and it will work for a little while, and then it needs to be adjusted again,
but isn't that the fun of being a diabetic?

pumping since 3/01
T1 18 years