Re: [IP] Colonoscopy

> In a message dated 12/16/2002 2:19:45 PM Mountain Standard Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> > Make sure your get a FULL Colonoscopy, not just a shorter one - The PREP is
> > the SAME.
> >
> Haven't experienced it myself, but from what my parents tell me, it
> is the "PREP" that was uncomfortable/unpleasant (i.e. drinking some
> nasty stuff and hours of sitting on the can in order to get your
> colon cleaned out before you even go in for the actual test) -- in
> their opinion, the colonoscopy itself is a relative breeze.

I did it just last week. I don't remember a thing about the procedure
itself -- a total blank (same as 5 years ago). Last time I had to
drink a gallon of this really yucky stuff -- that was pretty bad.
This time I use some stuff call "Fleet" -- you have to take two doses
-- it's not great, but a lot better than the gallon of yuck. Trust
me, you become almost "drinking water pure" in just a few hours....
heh... heh...