[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #852

In a message dated 12/16/2002 12:01:22 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> >I was told by our endocrinologist that the pneumonia vaccine, not
> >the flu
> >shot, was only good for 5 years.  What have others been told?   Lisa

I believe that when the pneunonia immunization first came out it was for
life.  then a few years later they found out the protection did not last as
long as they had hoped and said a boster was due in 10 years.  Here recently
they are recommending it every 5 years.  While we are thinking of preventive
medicine when was your last td shot.  they are good for 10 years