[IP] Re: Re: carbs in clementines?

In a message dated 12/16/02 email @ redacted writes:

<< Why not look up tangerines and be done with it.

Is it just me, or is everybody getting a little esoteric around here?   It's
like fretting over sugar in carrots.  As "Diabetes Interview" puts it, "No
one has overdosed on carrots.  They are safe to eat." >>

Chris, as I started the clementines thread by saying I was finding
conflicting carb info about it, I guess I will esoterically <gr.> continue.
I seem to react to them as if they have less than the 11g carb/100 g fruit
that is listed for tangerines, and I was speculating that perhaps they did
not, indeed, have the same density as even other clementines.  I'm glad you
are able to live more simply -- earlier in my life I was able to, also (and
sometimes even now I have periods of stability when little things don't seem
to matter so much).  But if I don't bolus for, for instance <gr.>, carrots,
my bg goes up (haven't gotten orange palms since childhood, though, when we
thought they were a "free" food -- and maybe they were, if I still had some
insulin production then, but we didn't have adequate techniques to make that
fine a judgment).  Heck, now I even bolus for celery if I eat very much of
it.  And I wrote my post after a hypo after bolusing at the above ratio for a
clementine. YMMV

Was the Diabetes Interview article talking perhaps about low carb diets and
people who avoid carrots, rather than how to bolus for them?

Linda Z