[IP] San Jose, CA Pumpers Meeting

For those in the San Francisco Bay area, the December meeting of the Bay
Area Pump Group is scheduled for Tuesday, December 17 at the Diabetes
Society of Santa Clara Valley in San Jose.  The moderator for the
meeting will be Sue Ann Kelly who is a certified pump trainer, RN and
CDE. We are a diverse, friendly group and we always have fun while at
the same time learning new things about pumping. The meeting is a great
place to share ideas and experiences and the group leaders are very
helpful for answering questions and exploring problems.  Family members,
significant others and friends are also welcome to attend.  There is no
cost and you do not need to be a member of the Diabetes Society.

We plan a 'lighter' fare for this month's meeting.  In addition to our
usual open conversation about pumping and diabetes, we will be trading
tales and stories about our experiences with diabetes and pumping.  The
idea is to share some interesting, funny, strange or even stupid stories
of our experiences with pumping and diabetes that will amuse, mystify,
amaze, horrify and/or entertain us all.  I have a few tales that will
demonstrate my extraordinary stupidity!  So think back on your
experiences and plan to share something with us that you particularly

In addition, we will also be exchanging recipes for holiday treats.  If
you have some that you would like to share, bring copies with you or you
can send them to me via e-mail and I will make copies for our group.  It
is especially helpful if carb counts are included.

I am also collecting links for pumping and diabetes related web sites
and will be passing out a list at the meeting.  If you have any
suggestions, please send them to me and I will add them to the list.

Meeting details are as follows:

    When: 7 to 8:30 PM, Tuesday December 17
    Where: Diabetes Society of Santa Clara Valley
                 The office is located in the Willow Glen area
                 just south of downtown San Jose, in the
                 renovated Garden Theater building at:

                 1165 Lincoln Avenue, Suite 300
                 San Jose CA 95125
                 Phone: (408) 287-3785

There is free parking at the rear of the building.  Enter the building
from the front or rear and take the elevator to the third floor.  Turn
left out of the elevator and the Diabetes Society is just ahead on the left.
If you have any questions or need to know more, please contact me.
Bob Goodman