Re: RE: [IP] Itchy infusion sites

Ohh ok I gotcha!  I thought you were saying you only have 4 spots and reuse them over and over!  Why do you need so much tape?  are you using the bent needles, or need extra tape to keep them on?
Have you tried the really thin paper tape, it doesn't stick well but I think I read that if you use that and then use good strong tape over top and have the strong stuff a little larger then the paper tape so it sticks like 1/2 inch around on the skin it should stick well that way and then you wouldn't have much skin actually exposed to the adhesive and it wouldn't always be on the same skin as the last site was?

Just a thought!

I've found the sillhouttes are sticking pretty good for me, though lately the edges are starting to peel up near the end of my 3 days but not enough to use extra tape yet - even with 3 showers and 2 one hour swims in the pool they stay on pretty good!.  I am highly allergic to most tapes so I am thrilled that I'm not allergic to my sillhouettes!!

Hope you find something to help the redness and itching
Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
Pumping Nov.12/02 - Blue Paradigm