Re: [IP] Re: Maude report

On 12/15/02 10:23 AM, "email @ redacted" <email @ redacted> wrote:

>      Thanks to all of your responses to my concerns about pump therapy
> after reading the couple of scarey death incidences on the Maude report.

Which of the 18 reports scared you?   The only two that appeared to possibly
be related to the pump also appeared to be more of a misuse of the pump.
People just not giving enough attention to their proper use.    Most of the
others deaths were due to a MI.   The rules of MAUDE would dictate that ANY
death in which the deceased used a pump would be reported.  That doesn't
mean that the death was due to the pump.  For all we know they could have
died much sooner had they not been on the pump.