Re: [IP] high bg's with steroids

Hi Faith,

My experience of steroids is the same as Jenny's.  Ten  of so years ago,when
I was 27 weeks pregnant, I was hospitalised with bleeding and contractions.
Because the hospital was worried about possible early delivery, I was given
steriods to help develop my sons lungs.  Woke up the next morning with a BG
of 20 (360).  Endo said "yes, that normal on steriods" and set a sliding
scale of Insulin to correct it.  (I was on MDI many years before pumping).
I think a close eye BG readings and increased Basals as you are doing "is
the way to go" .