Re: [IP] Re: Novolog problems

In a message dated 12/15/02 10:36:23 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

>  checked several sources on the internet.  I was correct about the times.
> Novolog was listed as longer acting and slower than Humalog in every case.
> And, that makes sense as to why you can get more stable basal rates with
> Novolog than Humalog

I would very much appreciate the links to the references so I can correct
some wrong informaton be passed out on other lists.  Also, I am going nuts
because it helps understand blood sugar when you REALLY know the action times
of the insulins you are using.  Gabe's b.g.s are more stable with Novolog;
that would not mkae sense if Novolog started faster and ended quicker,
because Gabe digests real slowly.  However, according to what I read ( I will
send you the link), the opposite is true; Humalog is slower starting, peaking
and finishing.

I hope we get this straightened out.