[IP] Quickset problem/Novolog problem/ etc. solved

Well the update is.................................
he seems to be fine.    Well that is after he recovered from this mornings

We put a loaned pump on him last evening in time for dinner.    He was
high already.   At pasta,  bolused correctly.    By midnight he was back
near 500.   Gave him an injection to help bring him down lower.    Went
in on the basal screen and upped the basals from his normal basals
(which I had just programmed in a few hours earlier)  to the increased
we started 2 days ago (.5units more per hour round the clock) and had
kept up till we got this loaner.

He kept dropping all night long.   By dawn he was normal.    Hour later
he was 80.    Since he was up really late night before and planning on
sleeping in,  I gave him a juice box.      Hour later he was 129,  but
something told me to wake him and feed him and then let him return to
sleep.    He ate 2 slices of toast with sugar cinnamon sprinkled on them
and 8oz milk.    Did normal dual bolus.     Then I went to bed and
crashed.    Meant to set alarm for another 1 1/2 hours,  but instead
set it for the time I HAD to be up which was 3 hours later.     Woke up
to hear hubby walking down hall away from sons room sorta yelling about
he'd go without him since he wouldn't get out of bed.

The minute I looked in on him to check him,  I knew he was gonna seize
any second and of course he did.

So the problem seems to be that the NEW pump we rec'd 11 days ago
(when he started getting sick, etc.)  has a problem and isn't putting out
basals.    The loaned pump we put on with same Quicksets and resevoirs
worked just fine.    In fact,  so fine that wiht the increased basal amount,
he not only got in the normal range he rapidly fell below it to seize.

Once we got a few hours (and a correction bolus) away from the Glucagon
high,  he has been perfectly normal ever since.    So I guess I'll be baack
on the phone Monday with MM again.    At least this time I can keep the
lent pump until MM gets us another one here this week and avoid the
2 hour injections round the clock.

Fenton, MO

[demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Rainbow.jpg]