From: Wyldcelt <email @ redacted>
On 12/12/02 2:37 PM, "insulin-pumpers-digest" <email @ redacted>

 > Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 09:45:10 -0900
 > From: Karen Enochs <email @ redacted>
 > Subject: [IP] IP] Pregnant pumpers....
 > I've got a good one for you! My daughter was born 2 MONTHS early in
 > 1979 due to pre-eclampsia. She was 7 lbs. 8 oz. I shudder to think what
 > she would have weighed if I had carried her for another 2 months!!
 > Karen in North Pole, AK
 > Dx'ed 1971
 > Pumping since 1996

I'm odd in that I was adopted at the age of 14 months, but know my natural
mother and sisters.

I have conflicting stories except that I was 3 months early. Hence the bad
eyes. My retinas and the incubator's oxygen had an argument and the retinas
lost. That is from both accounts

My natural sister told me I weighed 6 lbs. She was 11 at the time and I'm
sure wasn't allowed into the NICU room

My adoptive folks who were there said I weighed about 2 lbs. Both said I was
'transparent-like' and you could almost see into my chest as I breathed. I
have a white scar on my chest below the bosoms like over the breastbone
where they had to keep my chest up or something.

Either way, I'm here and y'all are stuck with me <VBG>

-- U.F.O.s are real, the AIR FORCE doesn't exist.

Jenny Sutherland