Re: [IP] Leaking reservoir? MMT-103

On 12/13/02 3:17 PM, "James Handsfield" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> At 04:10 PM 12/13/2002 -0500, Sherry wrote:
>> Have any of you had problems with insulin (Novolog) leaking into the
>> compartment that holds the reservoir in the MM508?  This has happened 4 times
>> during the last 4 or 5 weeks with my daughter.  She uses quiksets.  We have
>> not been able to determine whether it is the reservoir or quikset, but think
>> by process of elimination , it is something with the area where the  two
>> join.
> It wouldn't have anything to do with the particular set but with the
> reservoir and the luer lock.  Make sure that it is tightly connected - give
> it an extra twist before you prime the tubing and cannula.  Then double
> check again.  It's strong, so don't worry about breaking the tip off.

I did a Full Text Search using "MMT-103"  at

and found 99 reports, 37 of which were in 2002.  Most of them were for
cracked barrels or a break at the luer lock neck.  But there were several
that said  "had a hole at the bottom of the reservoir plunger due to a
molding defect"   I thought those were an early production problem but I
found them reported in April, 02.