[IP] Re: skipping meals

At one of our pump support groups, we talked about making business size cards
to politely hand to people to get the message across.  One person can format
it and we can all download it :-)! examples: "Thanks for your concern, I've
got it under control.", "Perhaps you were taught about diabetes a long time
ago, but diabetes management is completely different in the year 2003".."I
don't have YOUR GRANDMOTHER'S diabetes" .yada yada yada - all aimed at
various ranks of diabetes police.  Your daughter could print some that
politely say "I like to be the one to tell others about MY diabetes. Thanks
for caring."

Perhaps this wonderful group of IPers could come up with enough quotes, that
we could all go out and buy some of those business cards that you print on
your printer, and carry the decks around.  The opposite side could of course
be a red circle with the angled line going across the words diabetes police.

As for the sugar free, simply tell them you appreciate their thoughtfullness
but aspartame (nutrasweet) gives you headaches.  End of subject.  Or hand
that person a card that says, thanks for thinking of me but nutrasweet gives
me headaches.