[IP] high bg's with steroids

I am on my 3rd day of taking steroids to treat bronchitis that I've had for
almost 3 weeks and am on my 2nd round of antibiotics for it.
I am amazed that my first normal blood sugar was just now (116) while I am
running my basal rates at 200%.
I looked in the archives for info, I know this has been talked about before,
but the main thing I found was to test often.  I raised my rates 10% at a time
after my first 336 reading until last night and then didn't like the idea of
running more than twice what I usually take.  This morning after running at
200% for 10 hrs overnight, I was still 240 when I woke up.
Is there any thing else I can do??  I am glad this steroid stuff only goes for
6 days.
I had always thought I would refuse to take steroids after reading on the list
what it does to your blood sugars.  However, I was feeling pretty desperate, I
had a sinus infection for 6+ weeks and now this bronchitis for almost 3, I am
pretty desperate to be feeling well again.
Is there anything else I can do?

Faith & SweetiePie,her mighty blue dtron
diabetic 21+ years and glad to be here
pumping since 08-2000