[IP] Leaking reservoir?-quiksets?-MM508

> Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 16:10:38 EST
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] Leaking reservoir?-quiksets?-MM508
> Have any of you had problems with insulin (Novolog) leaking into the
> compartment that holds the reservoir in the MM508?  This has happened
> 4 times
> during the last 4 or 5 weeks with my daughter.  She uses quiksets.  We
> have
> not been able to determine whether it is the reservoir or quikset, but
> think
> by process of elimination , it is something with the area where the
> two
> join.  We have used new reservoirs and quiksets from different lot
> numbers
> and thought the problem was gone until she came home from school today
> with a
> "hi" on her bg meter and a pump full of leaking insulin.  We have
> contacted
> MM twice and have run a bunch of tests they had us do and the pump
> seems to
> be ok.  We cautioned her to be sure the quikset is tightened well and
> not to
> pick up the pump by the tubing, which I have seen her do at night in
> bed.
> Any ideas?-thought I would call her pump trainer to see if she might
> have
> some suggestions or the area rep.
> Already talked to endo's office.  They thought maybe the movement in
> tap and
> hiphop dance classes had done something before, but that is not the
> case this
> time.
> Sherry, mom to Liz, age 13, dx3/01, MM508-5/02

I too have had the same problem with the 508 and quicksets. I thought
at first it was bad absorbtion from the sites.
Then I started to notice the bandaid smell and wetness near the luer
lock. Sometimes it would not start for a day or two which made it even
harder to track down. I finally called MM and they sent out some new
sets. I had tried two different lots of reserviors. This seemed to do
the trick. These sets were not over or under tightened.
I do not pick up the pump via the tubing or abuse the connection. My
technique for changes has worked fine for me for sometime so I don't
think this is my fault.
BTW: the sets quicksets 43 9mm are lot # 2200117

John Teloh	---   email @ redacted