[IP] Minimed 508

I am working on getting an insulin pump.  My first choice, the Deltec
Cozmo, is not covered by my insurance.  I am in managed care and they
only want to deal with in-network suppliers.  Deltec will probably
eventually sign with the right kind of supplier, but not yet.  So I'm
now thinking of the Minimed 508, which most of you use, according to the
pumpers profile.

What have been your experiences?  Are there any negatives I should know
about?  How noisy is it?  Has static electricity been a problem?

Anything you can tell me will be greatly appreciated.

Diane Richards
Type 1 for 10 years, working on getting a pump