Re: [IP] Leaking reservoir?-quiksets?-MM508

At 04:10 PM 12/13/2002 -0500, Sherry wrote:

>Have any of you had problems with insulin (Novolog) leaking into the
>compartment that holds the reservoir in the MM508?  This has happened 4 times
>during the last 4 or 5 weeks with my daughter.  She uses quiksets.  We have
>not been able to determine whether it is the reservoir or quikset, but think
>by process of elimination , it is something with the area where the  two

It wouldn't have anything to do with the particular set but with the
reservoir and the luer lock.  Make sure that it is tightly connected - give
it an extra twist before you prime the tubing and cannula.  Then double
check again.  It's strong, so don't worry about breaking the tip off.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted

The opinions expressed are mine alone and do not necessarily represent
those of my wife who runs our house and makes more important decisions than
I do.