Re: [IP] Leaking reservoir?-quiksets?-MM508

At 04:10 PM 12/13/2002 -0500, Sherry wrote:

>Have any of you had problems with insulin (Novolog) leaking into the
>compartment that holds the reservoir in the MM508?  This has happened 4 times
>during the last 4 or 5 weeks with my daughter.  She uses quiksets.  We have
>not been able to determine whether it is the reservoir or quikset, but think
>by process of elimination , it is something with the area where the  two
>join.

It wouldn't have anything to do with the particular set but with the
reservoir and the luer lock.  Make sure that it is tightly connected - give
it an extra twist before you prime the tubing and cannula.  Then double
check again.  It's strong, so don't worry about breaking the tip off.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted

The opinions expressed are mine alone and do not necessarily represent
those of my wife who runs our house and makes more important decisions than
I do.