RE: [IP] Novolog problems?

> Has anyone ever switched to novolog and found they did worse than when
> they were on Humalog?    I've heard of many who went from H to N
> because they were running too high on H and then did great on N.

First, let me say I haven't tried Novolog.  I've been on Humalog
problem free for years.  But, one reason why some might not do well on
Novolog has to do with the time.  Novolog is slower-acting, and last
longer in the body than Humalog. This actually can be helpful
to "stabalize" blood sugars more if you eat a low-to-moderate amount of
carbs.  I, however, eat a large amount of carbs.  Even Humalog doesn't
act fast enough for my liking.  I know that switching to Novolog would
only make things worse for me.

Novolog starts working in 10-20 minutes versus Humalog 5-15.  Novolog
lasts, on average, 4 hours in the body, compared to Humalog's 3.3.
(Obviously, these times will different a bit for each individual.)

Even though these differences are small, they are enough to make a
difference in many people.

Other than for reasons such as reacting to the insulin, I wouldn't
consider switching from one to the other simply based on the
experiences of others...instead, you need to figure determine what you
hope to accomplish by switching, and then try to determine if switching
will actually help.