[IP] The trip to the ER

Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 16:45:17 -0600
From: "Loretta Kay" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] my trip to the ER--little long

Hello all.
I'd like to thank everyone for giving me the knowledge & smarts to be able to
handle a trip to the ER.

Hi Loretta and All,
I had a similar experience once when I had flu symptoms - a migraine headache
(felt like somebody hit me with a brick), extreme nausea, etc. I had high
sugars about 300. The doctor at ER prescribed me a suppository to calm my
stomach and it worked. My mother drove me home and fed me dry toast and tea. I
don't care for tea, I never have acquired a taste for it, but it tasted good
that day.

My regular doctor wrote a prescription again for that suppository then it
expired - I never had to be thrown away. That over-the-counter cola syrup -
Rite Aide brand works good and it is good to keep on hand too. I have been
getting the flu shot and have been warding off the flu every year.

Loretta, I am glad that you got medical attention before it got worse. That's
good to educate the doctors, I am sure they hear more about the horrible
effects of diabetes. Take care! Sharon B