Re: [IP] Pregnant Pumpers

I went on the pump in 1985 so that I could get
pregnant & have a "normal" child.  :-)

The most important thing then (& maybe still is but
I'm beyond child-bearing now) was great control for
the 3 months prior & 1st trimester of pregnancy.

It took until early spring of 1987 for me to actual
get pregnant.  The cconstant visits to the MD(s) were
the worst.  Once a week I went to my endo.  The other
week I went to my OB/GYN.  For 38 weeks.  A bunch of
sonograms & a whole bunch of amnios later - my baby
was deemed ready to deliver.  Went on pitocin for 4
DAYS - never had a labor pain.  So did the slice &
dice right between Cosby & Cheers at 7:30 on a
Thursday night.

My son was 8 lbs, 6 oz.  A chunk of a kid.  He was
hypoglycemic for a couple of days.  But, other than
that - he was a marvelous baby and an even more
incredible 15 year old now!!

With all the advances in research that have been made
in the last 15 years - you will be FINE!!!  I still
blow off my mother-in-law when she inquires "when are
you going to have him tested?".  I figure he's had
enough math tests to already prove that he's a smart

Anyway - good luck!!

-gail in denver
Dx'd T1 02/14/72 @ age 11, pumping since 1985-ish.

Do you Yahoo!?