Re: [IP] Pregnant pumpers....

I had 2 Drs. that told me that since I am diabetic I wouldn't have healthy children.  Now, I have had a lot of Drs. since my hubbie is military.  And what the 2 Drs. said is hogwash!  Like I said...I had 2 healthy babies.  Just big.  There is a big discrepancy on what different Drs. say.   I did have pre-eclampsia and edema (swelling) with my first one, but anyone can have that.  And I did have polyhydramous (extra fluid in the sac), but again...anyone can have that.  And for those people you tell that you are preggo or are trying to get preggo....you will hear this question...."What are the chances of your baby getting diabetes" and I always fire back with...what is the chances of your getting heart disease, cancer, etc......  Burns my biscuit when people ask that.  And I would like to tell those 2 Drs. who told me I would have healthy children...no...actually I would like to go show them my perfectly healthy and beautiful and smart babies.  So, don't let anyone bring you d!
own.  Good Luck to ya!  :)  Stephanie
 Dennis Graesser <email @ redacted> wrote:Insulin Pumpers is made possible by contributions from forum
members and supporters in industry. Your tax deductible donation

RosaLea,
It is a little firghtning to see that everybody had rather
large babies, and they all delivered early. When I had
said something to my previous doctor about wanting to have
children all he did was show me pictures of deformed
babies, and tell me this is all I have to look forward to.
Needless to say he is no longer my doctor. What type of
things did you have to do to prepare your body before you
became pregnant? What effects did being pregnant have on
your bg? Did you have any complications during the
pregnancy or during delivery? Any information that you
can give me would be very helpful