[IP] the good old bad old days

Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 15:02:28 -0500
From: "jhughey" <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] deciding on a pump - delivery rates

Summer wrote, in part:
> My paradigm delivers in 0.1 units per button press for express bolus, and
my audio bolus delivers in 0.5 -

Can you not hold the button down like on all the other MiniMed pumps instead
of 40 button pushes for 4.0 units?

And Brent wrote:
> I would think
> that some people would respond better to more deliveries of lesser amounts
> rather than waiting for the pump to have enough undelivered insulin saved
> so that it can deliver its smallest a basal increment.   With Kids
> ..05u could be a bunch.

This to me is almost funny - like not being able to wait 40 seconds for test
results when we used to wait 3 whole lminutes for some of our tests. My
first two pumps delivered in 1.0u only - bolus or basal. Nothing was broken
up into tenths or hundredths. I did that for 10 years. PTL for progress.

Has anyone heard there'll be a cure in about 10 years or less? (~_^)

Dialyzing since 7/8/02

Improvements aren't made without dissatisfaction or complaints.
- --- Well take that, how about the incessent stream of pee tests be4 home
glucose blood testing, the little chemistry lab we all had in our bathrooms
with the color charts pasted to the back of the door. I had an old mirror that
i used for ketone testing. everyone that used that BR wanted to know why I had
a mirrored countertop. my wife told them i used it for under the chin shaving.
my test tube holder to hold the pee test tubes they burned my fingers more
than once. an alcohol lamp to boil out the acetone from the pee so i could
tell the doctor how much ketone was aceto acetic acid and how much was
acetone. progress is born in the light of necessity. Oh yes, a cure is just
around the coronor, no? spot