Re: [IP] Pregnant pumpers....

At 08:15 PM 12/10/02, you wrote:
>I had 2 babies, not pumping, but my A1c's were 5-6 range for both
>My first was 3 weeks early and weighed 9lbs 12oz and my second was 4 weeks
>early and weighed 9lbs 3oz.  There has to be more to it than tight control
>during pregnancy.
>- --
>                         Erin:)

I agree.  My daughter was born 3 weeks early and weighed 8lbs, 4oz.  She
was born 24 years ago before A1cs were available.  While I worked as hard
as I could with what was available at the time, I have no idea on how good
my control was except that I had no problems with my pregnancy.  I believe
that trying to minimize the risks by having as good of control as possible,
may or may not affect the outcome of the pregnancy.  Just like
complications.  Those of us who were diagnosed before the technology we
have now may or may not have complications either.  Btw, I was also an 8lb
baby born to a non-diabetic mother (a very long time ago.) ;o)

dxd 1963, pumping 2000