[IP] Re: Wishing today's pumps existed back then

> - -R (wishing that today's pumps existed when he was 16)

You say you wish you had pumped when you were 16, but I have been pumping
for 19 years and it
wasn't then in any way what it is now. ;) I have learned at least 17 things
about pumping from the 'net and other users that I was never taught my first
16 years of pumping. We had one basal rate, Regular or Velosulin insulins,
whole-unit delivery only, and metal needles we bent to the proper angle
ourselves.

Many people who started pumping back then gave it up in disgust and never
went back. Some took 5 or more years off and reluctanly restarted. Those
pumps weren't the 3/4" stack of business card size either. Some were
monstrous.

I wonder if I would not be on dialysis now if I had been taught how to use
the *tools* properly and encouraged with help for decent A1c's instead of
congratulated for achieving 8.2%.

I don't know how old you are now, and I'm glad for progress. (~_^)

@

It's what you learn after you think you know it all that really counts