[IP] Re: Wishing today's pumps existed back then

> - -R (wishing that today's pumps existed when he was 16)

You say you wish you had pumped when you were 16, but I have been pumping
for 19 years and it
wasn't then in any way what it is now. ;) I have learned at least 17 things
about pumping from the 'net and other users that I was never taught my first
16 years of pumping. We had one basal rate, Regular or Velosulin insulins,
whole-unit delivery only, and metal needles we bent to the proper angle

Many people who started pumping back then gave it up in disgust and never
went back. Some took 5 or more years off and reluctanly restarted. Those
pumps weren't the 3/4" stack of business card size either. Some were

I wonder if I would not be on dialysis now if I had been taught how to use
the *tools* properly and encouraged with help for decent A1c's instead of
congratulated for achieving 8.2%.

I don't know how old you are now, and I'm glad for progress. (~_^)

It's what you learn after you think you know it all that really counts