[IP] Re: Pump versus shots (was Maude reports)

>Pumping insulin does require a great deal of attention, but so does
>injecting insulin.  Maybe injections are more forgiving, maybe because
>they create a hell of a life.

I remember more than one occasion when I accidently injected the amount
I was supposed to give for my long-acting insulin with Humalog.  In one
case, I was giving about 22 units at bedtime.  I accidently gave 22
units of Humalog instead of 22 units of Lantus.  Whoa!  Big
difference.  Fortunately, I noticed IMMEDIATELY after I did it.  So, I
was up for the next four hours pigging out.  But, had I not noticed, I
would have gone to bed and might have never woken up.  Such a death
would not have been reported in the MAUDE database.  :-)

Just my 2 cents.