Re: [IP] d-tron pump failure/poor customer service

Melissa i know of one company that i am pretty sure is a disetronic supplier
in ontario.  Before i decided to go on a pump i got a loner pump and it was
a d-tron.  I used the d-tron for about 3 months before i got my animas pump.
The company is based in Mississauga, just outside toronto.    I have only
ever had one problem with a pump where it had to be returned and they drove
it down to me the next morning.   The company is called auto control
1-800-461-0991.  Hope this helps you out.

> My D-tron stopped working on Sunday - early in the morning when I tried to
> give a correction bolus the check button wouldn't work...I could still use
> standard bolus so I wasn't all that worried....at first.  I just bolused
> .5's and rounded doses up or down, but then I realized I was almost out of
> insulin and would need the check button to prime a new cartridge - uh oh!
> So I called Disetronic, and was very disappointed in their lack of
> service.  The tech guy I spoke with suggested changing the battery or
> the battery out for a period of time and massaging all of the keypad -
which I
> tried although I couldn't see how that would help (and it didn't).  He
> agreed to send me a loaner pump - but it wouldn't arrive until Tuesday
(has to
> be shipped from MN to Ontario) - he couldn't offer any suggestions for
what I
> should do between Sunday until Tuesday.  AND he warned me that I better
> my pump in right away because the loaner only had about 30 days left on it
> before it "ran out"...as if I don't want my pump fixed - it's NOT
> Anyways, today is Tuesday, and I still haven't received a replacement.  I
> called Disetronic back at 4:00 pm and spoke with the same tech guy who
> was unhelpful, didn't offer any solutions and said it was on it's way.
When I